What we offer international clients; is high quality coins/coin blanks with a variety of packaging options at market related prices.
The South African Mint, with over 140 years of manufacturing experience, boasts a impressive list of international clients and is able to create a tailor-made package of products and services to fulfill the specific requirements of each customer.
The South African Mint incorporates the following processes into the manufacturing of its products and services:
- Development of a new coin or coin
Manufacturing of dies and master punches
- Casting of a range of copper based alloys and slitting of mild steel
coils used as sub strait (core) of electroplated products
- Precision rolling of alloy and steel strip
- High-speed blanking, rimming and edge-marking of coin
Various electroplating processes for coin blanks
- Annealing and polishing of coin blanks
High-speed minting of coins
Various packaging options and distribution of coin blanks and
- Total quality control in all aspects within the coin industry and
throughout all manufacturing processes
Technical advice in all spheres, from inception of coin design to final
For more information see our Products & Services and Processes page.