The South African Mint, with over 140 years of manufacturing experience, boasts a impressive list of international clients and is able to create a tailor-made package of products and services to fulfill the specific requirements of each customer.
The South African Mint incorporates the following processes into the manufacturing of its products and services:
- Development of a new coin or coin series
- Manufacturing of dies and master punches
- Casting of a range of copper based alloys and slitting of mild steel coils used as sub strait (core) of electroplated products
- Precision rolling of alloy and steel strip
- High-speed blanking, rimming and edge-marking of coin blanks
- Various electroplating processes for coin blanks
- Annealing and polishing of coin blanks
- High-speed minting of coins
- Various packaging options and distribution of coin blanks and coins
- Total quality control in all aspects within the coin industry and throughout all manufacturing processes
- Technical advice in all spheres, from inception of coin design to final product.